Saturday, September 17, 2016

A New Adventure...

So. This will be another place for me to place my thoughts.

This time it will be about lessons learned on entrepreneurship stuff. Have you ever noticed how long that word is? That's five syllables! That's almost as many syllables as many words in Russian.

When I first saw this class as one of those required classes for my major, I thought that this course would teach me how to be an entrepreneur. Upon reading further into the course materials, I now know that I will be learning more about how to really get my life in order and develop a life plan before I start a business. This is what I am looking forward to learning.

I've been debating in my head as to what I would want to do with this major. I thought about opening a bakery at first. I then thought to myself that it would be really cool if I could incorporate my painting hobby into some career, like owning a hobby store of sorts. I guess we will have to wait and see, right?

I had one of those 'aha' moments. I don't know if 'aha' is the right word to use, but the readings and videos in conjunction with the last devotional from President and Sister Gilbert made me think a lot about how much is being invested in me. I need to take advantage of the time I have here at BYU-Idaho. Five semesters seems like a long time, but the time will go by too fast and then I will need to rely on what I've learned to make something work after graduation.

That means, that I will need a plan for the future. Here's to a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment